Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Postmodern Understanding

After reading through a few articles my understanding of Post Modernism is that the artist’s message is what the viewer understands. This type of artwork usually uses words, collages, simplification or a theme with popular culture. I think this era is still going strong, but I’m not a fan of some of the super abstract work. I feel it’s a topic in this class because it’s a current art style still being used in advertising, and digital media today. Exploring different styles could spark ideas, and bring more creativity to our digital designs.

Artwork before the postmodern era usually depicted a story, which could have been religious, philosophical, or a historic event. I feel post modernistic artwork has multiple messages and each person could have a different understanding of what they see. Traditional artwork portrays stories of different cultures, or races, which group a common trait between them. Postmodern art tries to explain reality to each individual’s interpretation of what they gather from their understanding of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment