Monday, November 14, 2011

age of the gamer

Growing up as a child, videogames were a huge part of my life. I remember borrowing the original Nintendo system from my older cousin and playing mario and duckhunt and never giving it back. Then came super nintendo, dreamcast, playstion 1/2, xbox, PC games etc etc. Point is, this (sad or not) is what I remember alot of growing up and how I spent my time.

As an interactive designer, in this age of videogames, it is getting to the point in gaming to where it is all interactive. Take for example World of Warcraft, while never personally getting into it, it is seriously so massive and so interactive and involved with their community, it skews the original idea of a gamer down in his dark parents basement playing atari all day and night. With the advent of ventrilo and other programs that let players talk to each other through microphones and or/video while playing, the age of the gamer is getting more interactive every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment