Monday, November 21, 2011

Internet Piracy


I had goggled myself before to find out what comes up and my facebook was in the top five of what came up. To make it disappear to a certain extent I had changed my facebook name by making my last name my middle name and I also changed the url to my facebook link so it wouldn’t read facebook.com/britneywallace.  I know that some employers or people in general may find my facebook page so I still keep it as professional as I can but I don’t want it to be that easily accessible.

Now when I google myself I just realized that my twitter also is shown in the results along with my google plus account (which I don’t mind).  I do mind my twitter coming up and I will definitely change that in the near future and would like my linkedin account to come up instead of my social medias. I do plan on using twitter professionally one day and when that happens I will make it accessible again.

I don’t expect to be able to hide anything from people to access because I know it is not rational. Because of this I do not put anything on the internet that I don’t want people to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment