Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I was happy with the results that popped up after googling my name. I have my Facebook account put on private, so the only thing that’ll show is my favorite TV shows. I have an old LinkedIn account I’ll end up deactivating anyway, and my ancient MySpace page never had any reference of my real name on it. I do think the only reason why my page shows up first is because of my IP address and my location to the servers. Otherwise, as I search deeper for my name, other Peruvian Anthony Bordas in South America populate in my results. I think I’m off the hook for now.

I checked out the articles about Facebook when they had made that change. If Zuckerberg stole the idea of Facebook from prominent rich folks, I don’t think he’d care about my feelings of privacy. I try to keep in mind on what information I post. I have a total of maybe 6 things that I have “liked” through facebook. Fortunately I’m anti-Facebook, I only have the account to keep in contact with people I’ve met through school. If Facebook fell off the earth I wouldn’t care because it runs people’s lives. I’m careful of the internet content I post because anything can be saved and documented. Internet postings could hurt a reputation (Anthony Weiner) or benefit someone ( Phil DiFranco Youtube star). I think users should use the social networking sites to their advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment