Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just go to the source!

Wikipedia has in it's self changed constantly what it does in the world of research. I do not think any site like it will even be spot on accurate due to the open source of their information. They though will never lose there place. Wikipedia is a great quick initial source to skim through when choosing topics. Yes if some of the information is wrong you could be miss lead, but since I suggest using it as only an initial source it should play out to damage anything later. The major reason behind this is since google is so accessible and can get you solid sources over a pot of soup.

Wikipedia I still see has its place in another way, source finding. At the end of every page there list there sources very detailed. This is how I use Wikipedia to great success. I see wikipedia as an ultimate initial research source push more by this. I have found sources far pushed back in google search, but since you can find a section of a topic and find the sources for that specific part it makes search easier.

If I owned Wikipedia the direction of the site would be around these concepts, because there are few sites I can think of that accomplish those goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment