Monday, November 14, 2011

Designing for the Gaming Age

As a digital designer I feel like it is part of my job to keep up with the most current designs in all forms of interactive media. I've played a decent amount of video games in my life, and my roommates now play a lot. Since more kids are growing up with video games and other electronic stimulation, they begin to become accustomed to what those things look like and how to interact with them. Since they will be the next main generation to use the internet we will be designing for their use.
Games today have come a very long way from the games I remember playing on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) that I first had as a child. They utilize powerful graphics cards and engines and are meant to be played on HD televisions to be fully enjoyed. At the rate technology advances, devices are getting flatter, faster and cheaper, while screens are getting larger. This means that we can utilize larger website sizes and more impressive forms of navigation and interaction with our viewers. I, for one, am looking forward to being able to design larger and larger websites with more original content, once it becomes standard of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment