Monday, November 14, 2011

Game Design and Society


As a digital designer I believe it is important to have some knowledge about gaming design but unfortunately I don't really have much interest in gaming. Growing up I would play video games and computer games with my older brother but as I got old and when he went to college I slowly but surely stopped playing a lot of games the one one I am interested in now is RPG games like Grand theft auto. Even though I am a little rusty with gaming and playing them, I believe I can pick any game up with little time because I can easily figure out technology because that is how I was raised as a Digital Native.

Being a digital and interactive designer in today's society I believe that I should start learning more about gaming because its what's most popular right now and it seems as if its going to stay that way for years to come. I believe that gaming design can be not only a fun recreation for Digital Natives, it can also be helpful for Digital Immigrants as teaching tools. Even though gaming design is not that path I watt to pursue, I still believe it is an important aspect of design whithin society.

No comments:

Post a Comment