Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hick's Law

This article was hard for me to follow, but after researching Hick’s law I realized how difficult it can be as a designer to implement one idea. More creative ideas, coding languages, or the programs being used to complete the project, may slow down a final decision. While designing you have to keep in mind of the audience, and I learned its best to keep focus on the initial plan. Too many ideas cloud the completion of a project, add more work, or push the design into another direction. As designers we need to choose which ideas work best within the time allowed.

In my experience I’ve added, and added, and added too many ideas and in the end I produce a cluttered mess. When I animate, I found I produce a lot of scenes but can’t use all of them. I alter scripts, and change plots until the project is completely in another direction. After reviewing hick’s law, I realized that my biggest problem is with more stimuli, means more choices. More choices mean more longer decision time and that slows down progress. I’d improve myself as a designer, and animator if I aimed in one direction, reviewed the outcomes, and stay to the best course.

No comments:

Post a Comment