Monday, October 24, 2011

"Twitterers" or "tweeters"


I know many people who do not have a Twitter account is because they they think its, unnecessary or too much information about yourself to the general public, but the people who already have a twitter account may beg to differ. Today twitter has a little over 200 million accounts and users range from politicians to reality tv stars. This form of social media is a great way to promote and market almost anything and everything and a great way  to reach the general public. 

After reading an article about Twitter in the New York Times I've learned a couple things about Twitter, like how people of Iran had used it to communicate with each other to protest against their government since the government blocked cell phone signals. Even though some tweets from wittier can be a little too much information for the public and unnecessary, it still serves a purpose within society. 

I wanted to write about Twitter and society because I've had a twitter account for about a month now because I got talked into it by friends of mine. I was very skeptical of twitter for years and swore up and down that I wouldn't get one unless it  was a professional one (i still intend it to soon be one) but I finally signed up because at times I did feel left out it certain situations and dissuasions about conversations on twitter. I still think that some tweets are very unnecessary but I still seem to go on it everyday because like Facebook, it can become addicting to keep up with everybody. I don't tweet much, and not at least half as many as my friends do daily or weekly, but I still use it. (And I still cant believe that I caved)

New York Times Article: http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/twitter/index.html?scp=1-spot&sq=twitter&st=cse

No comments:

Post a Comment