Monday, October 24, 2011

Social Networks

I feel like I have a love-hate relationship with the social networks. Though there are many ways to communicate, I couldn’t imagine a better way to connect with my friends other than facebook. I get to see their latest pictures, their review on new releases, etc. It also helps in sharing our views and getting an opinion on something, get updates on sports, music, politics, companies, etc just by liking their official page. Getting all the updates in one page is way better than visiting their website. On the other hand, because facebook is so good, it has become indispensable and addictive. This takes away most of my time! In my view, Twitter is a lot healthy than facebook.

I read an article that focussed solely on how a social network helps the people in arts field. Ms. Merlino, 26, senior marketing manager at the Guggenheim museum says:
“We use Twitter to not only to connect with one another, but to share what we feel brings value to a larger online arts community, It has enabled us to form both professional and personal relationships that has provided countless opportunities for learning and collaboration.”

It is good that the Social networks exist. But keeping the usage under control is in the user’s hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment